The NUDE Grilled Pineapple Mojito
Inspired by the tropical summerfruit pineapple, Spoonabilities, a duo from Miami creating beautiful recipes and cocktails, made for NUDE a summer cocktail called The Grilled Pineapple Mojito.
The heroes of this cocktail are the pineapple and a Barcelo Especial extra dry rum from the Dominican Republic, presented beautifully in NUDE's Big Top longdrink glass.
Instructions for the pineapple syrup
- Grill the pineapple rings 3-5 minutes per side, until you get a good char
- In a small saucepan at medium low heat, add water and brown sugar. Stir until all sugar is dissolved.
- In a bowl, muddle 4-5 grilled pineapple rings and add rings and juice to saucepan. Cook for about two minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Then strain the syrup.
- Store simple syrup in the refrigerator for a week.
Grilled Pineapple Mojito Directions
- Muddle the lime juice, 2-3 grilled pineapple chunks and mint in the NUDE's Big Top Longdrink glass.
- Add ice cubes. Pour in pineapple syrup, rum, and top with club soda.
- Garnish with pineapple leaf/spike to give it that tropical feeling.
To elevate this summer cocktail, garnish it with pineapple chunks. For the grilled pineapple chunks, remove the skin and top from a ripe pineapple and cut into 1/3-inch slices. Grill until caramelized. Cut into chunks and carefully add it to the cocktail.
If you like your cocktail to have an even more fruitier flavour, you can juice the grilled pineapple and add around 60 ml of juice to the cocktail.
For this rich cocktail, we suggest to use the Big Top longdrink glass of 430cc as it will be the perfect size to carry all those flavours.
Grilled Pineapple Syrup: